Hello There, Guest! Register

Quetzal Platform Saddle Rule

Poll: Should we relax our Quetzal rule to allow building a box that blocks rider pickup?
This poll is closed.
Yes
41.86%
18 41.86%
No
58.14%
25 58.14%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hey guys - since we've decided to keep Quetzals Platform Saddles in - I'm looking to get your thoughts on our new rule

No Turrets or structures blocking turret damage/rider pickup on Quetzals Platform Saddles

We've received a lot of feedback and players seem split on the 'rider pickup' portion of the rule  - what do you guys think?
i like being safe on a dinosaur from ptera's tho they deal damage to the actual rider,

but a good thing that would make the more balanced, would be lowing the structure limit, denying people from building cages around them and denying people from using them as a sniper tower, and more of a sniper platform, 5-10 structure limit my opinion
Structures on the back of quetzs is an intended feature of the game.  Limiting what can be built on them limits our gameplay.

the quetz is suppose to be god mode in the air... the whole benefit of them is not being able to be tera-rolled into oblivion and provide riders with safe airborne transport.  The whole point is to be protected while you are riding it, making being picked, impossible... the same can be said for paracer and bronto structure saddles... These platform saddles are intented to raise these giant dinos from pets to strategic mobile platforms... essentially the tanks and armorer transports (with teeth)

Even small tribes with a quetz can produce more with larger farming capabilities because of quetz weight but also to become more mobile (and safely).

THey are a versatile creature with abilities for long flights with big weight.

While our server may not be ready for quetzs with turrets etc... one day i hope we remove that rule as well... allowing for all out epic pvp warfare in the skies!  But one thing is for certain: the quetz with a non picakble saddle design is a game feature that allows for safer air travel... thats the bonus of flying a quetz!  VOTE YESS!
I think we need to relax the rules on this server. I thought this server was supposed to be like an official with little rules and faster farming.
um i voted for the wrong thing
Quetzels are rare and valuable. The ability to fly them safely is one of their major assets which give small tribes the opportunity to travel the map and farm a little bit easier. Once that is taken away, they become very vulnerable to fast pteras and argents. People will get picked, and their quetzels WILL die. For most tribes, losing a quetz would be a pretty major loss.
GREAT POINT Wiinaq... for that reason alone, I think its best we relax this rule immediately... Loosing a quetz cause you got picked, and then the enemy can basically pike your bird down, that is a big loss... so big... whats the point in using a valuable asset like a quetz at all...
(11-23-2015, 12:24 AM)Seifan Wrote: GREAT POINT Wiinaq... for that reason alone, I think its best we relax this rule immediately...  Loosing a quetz cause you got picked, and then the enemy can basically pike your bird down, that is a big loss... so big... whats the point in using a valuable asset like a quetz at all...

I like how most of the replies are from big tribes talking about small tribes.

Personally as I've discussed previously. If you're using a queltz in PVP I believe you should be able to be picked. If you're not then I agree with the not being picked. 

The issue being that queltz aren't all that hard to get, it's a matter of getting it before someone else does. With the big tribes already having several and hording more it makes it hard for small tribes to find or even get one as PVP ensues. Once they do get one they aren't usually using them in PVP. They are using them to increase their farm. That being said the points made about being picked from a queltz so far are valid.

But once they are used for PVP they pretty much become an unstoppable force. And give to much advantage to the tribes using it for pvp to snipe down at other tribes and such with little to no risk. Now queltz can be taken out. But it requires QUITE a few players and setup in order to take out these pvp gun boxes.

Which in turn almost makes them into grieving boxes at that point. People will use whatever they can to their advantage and I believe that is what has taken place so far. I have yet to hear or see a big tribe actually raid another tribe with land dinos and such. All I hear of is queltz being used as sniper platforms. Have some balls and actually PVP, not grief.

With all that said it's hard to determine if a queltz is being used for PVP or farming in some situations. But in most it's quite easily observed. I also know it's quite hard to enforce a rule that allows some to be boxes and some to not be.
Why should owning a Quetzal instantly allow you to farm for free? You shouldn't be able to fly across the map and farm wherever you want, knowing you can fly out on your 120k hp Bird that you can't be picked out of. Even on the matter of PvP, owning a Quetzal with a box on it makes you almost unkillable in every situation....
"Why should owning a Quetzal instantly allow you to farm for free? You shouldn't be able to fly across the map and farm wherever you want, knowing you can fly out on your 120k hp Bird that you can't be picked out of. Even on the matter of PvP, owning a Quetzal with a box on it makes you almost unkillable in every situation...."

Thats the whole point of a quetz.

What offense is there? none.  You cant get picked... you cant really be killed unless you make a mistake... but all you can do is run.  Sure you can try to pick someone all day, but its a joke.

That seems more than fair.  Seems the complainers are all the people that can no longer go pick a farmer off their bird... is that why you really play ark?

How about we stop limiting the things we can or cannot do... and lets play the game how it was intended on being played (with the bonus of heightened gathering and taming!)