Update: Nov 25 @ 12:50pm

- Pickup disabled on all corrected structures due to exploits
- Admin arena box added
- Noob kit added to players which are level 10 or lower
- Cooking pot should now use vanilla inventory
- Bug fix - Slingshot not accepting stackable stones
- Bug fix - Grill not place-able after being picked up
- Bug fix - Cooking Pot destroyed when put in quick slots

11.21.15 - IT Update is in and server has been udpated!
11.20.15 - Server 2 is now live!

[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

ARK-PvP Teamspeak: ts.ark-pvp.com

[Image: server_rates.png]
  • 10x farm // 20x exp // 30x tame
  • 200 max player level
  • 260 max tamed dino (120 max wild)

[Image: mods.png]

[Image: stat_mods.png]
  • Player
    • Inreased Weight per Stat Point to 200%
    • Decreased Health/Melee Damage/Torpor per stat point to 50%
    • Decreased Movement Speed per stat point to 40%
  • Dino
    • Tamed Dino Weight per Stat Point 200%
    • Tamed Dino HP/Melee 50% per stat point
Breeding/Misc Modifiers
  • Increased Egg Hatch Speed to 400%
  • Inreased Baby Dino Growth Speed to 300%
  • Increased Mating Interval to 150%
  • Decreased Cementing Paste Harvested from Bugs by 50%

[Image: server_rules.png]
  • 6 players max per tribe
  • 2 vaults max per tribe
  • 10 Plant Species X Plants per tribe
  • Any issue that requires admin intervention will be handled through the forums/teamspeak only
  • No Blocking Access or Building Turrets at Spawns Points, Land Caves or Tops of ALL Mountains/Obelisks
  • No Turrets (excludes catapults/balistas/miniguns) on Quetzals Platforms
  • No Griefing/Harassment*
  • No Building/Blocking anywhere on Carno Island
    *admin discretion - includes harassing fresh spawns, chat spam/bigotry, being harmful to the community in general.

[Image: server_settings.png]
  • 75% Reduced Damage to Structures
  • Gamma Enabled
  • Longer Days/Shorter Nights
  • VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) + Official Banlist
  • Difficulty 4.0
  • 80 Player Slots

[Image: LIVESTREAM.png]

http://twitch.tv/arkpvplive

Special Events and DropCams!

ARKPvP DropCam:
We livestream players contesting drops in the open world on a 1 minute delay at twitch.tv/arkpvplive ! Information about the stream can be found on our twitter @ARKPvP and this thread.

Policy on Cheating

Definitions
Cheats are defined as:
- Aimbots
- ESP/Wallhack Cheats
- Any 3rd Party Cheats
- Anything else that modifies the game in such a way as to give an unintended advantage

Any player(s) found using any form of cheat will be permanently banned from all ARK-PvP servers.

Any help you can provide in catching cheaters including screenshots and video (OBS local recording) are be incredibly helpful to our admin team, thank you!

Mod Information

//Item Tweaks Stable (ARK-PVP Version) Changes:
  • Titan Forge: ingot production rate reduced from 25x to 5x (ingots + charcoal)
  • Turrret resource cost increased to 3x
  • Demolish to return stackable resource + remove unifier
  • Resource Cost of Safe increased from 3x -> 5x + reduce HP from 25k -> 10k
  • Vault cost increased to 3x
  • Cementing Paste Resource Cost reverted to default
  • Cementing Paste/Gasoline/Ingots Crafting time reverted to default
  • Remove Pin locking/locking inventory on forges/fabricators
  • Revert jerky cook speed to default
  • Remove ceiling generator + pocket generator (pending bugfix)

//Item Tweaks Stable (ARK-PVP Version) Stack Size Changes:
1000 Stacks
Wood, Stone, Flint, Fiber, Chitin, Keratin, Hide, Thatch, Oil, Cementing Paste

500 Stacks
Berries, Seeds, Charcoal, Cooked Meat, Cooked Prime Meat, Gunpowder, Metal Ingot, Silica Pearls, Sparkpowder, Narcotics, Polymer, Electronics, [Image: 53px-Obsidian.png], Pelt, Crystal, Raw Meat

100 stacks
Raw Prime Meat

Default stacks
Stimulant,Gasoline,Fertilizer
260 max tamed dino (120 max wild) BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
105 max tamed dino (30 max wild) WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
More turrets
Only thing I dont like is losing glass storage boxes! I love those! Maybe make them more expensive?
I agree, Would like to see the max wild level for dinos to run around level 30. At least then people will focus more on gunplay and less on birds picking you up over and over to kill you.
The quote button doesn't seem to be working.

I would disagree with Zyak though. I used to think I'd love low level dinos, but after playing on a server with them, they die FAR too easily. Maybe lower them a bit from 120, but 30 is far too low. 80 or so would be a good compromise, I think. You may think having really low level dinos helps combat griefing, and as far as getting picked up by birds, it does. However, it makes it much easier for one single person to grief a base because you can't use dinos as defense without just losing them all. Possibly just disable flyer pickup completely? It is almost universally used in griefing and just shit PVP in general. It is the "I win" button of ARK. A naked level 1 person on an Argentavis can kill a max level player decked out in journeyman gear easily.

While I'm making radical suggestions like no flyer pick-up, maybe look into setting every player at max level from the start? I know there is a mod to do this without screwing around with the EXP rates (because you still want to have to level up dinos.) It would help to encourage fair PVP and bring down the amount of crying from "OMG I just started and you're killing me!" (no flyer pickup would help with this, too.)

I also like the glass storage boxes. Gives a nice way to secure goods in-between the large storage box and vault levels. In fact, the devs have stated they will be adding something like this to the base game in the future.

Tribe limits are a great idea. I would restrict it based on whatever harvesting levels you go with. The higher the harvesting, the lower the tribe population. I think 10x farm and 10 members per tribe would be a good idea.

Restricting plant turrets is good, but why not also auto turrets. Don't nerf the auto turrets, just restrict the amount a tribe can have so that good base layout becomes important rather than having huge fuck-off autism castles.

Why decrease the torpor reduction per point of fortitude? This will only increase the current meta of "run around and club everyone to knock them out"

Lastly, why have two separate servers? Just put these rules in place on the current server. Fracturing your playerbase probably won't work out very well, and you can end up losing more people that way than people that don't like the new rules.
I must agree GoGoGadget, Having level 30's would die far too easy, although it was just the stated level at the time so i put that, but at the moment, dino's are just unkillable almost, i really like the idea of having a mid level of dino's tho, that cant get super high hitpoints because it will indeuce more gunplay instead of just picking people up on birds, or spinning to win...

Defo needs to be fixed by the dev's but as far as the server can set it, i think a mid-low level dino's would be the best bet.

Also on how you said it would be griefing because they can just get killed, the soloution is simple, Build a pen Wink Its a 10x gather server, its not like its official which it would be a huge problem, and the taming is also really fast, if you want somthing to stay alive, build a pen for it, or just a dino pen in general!
I really think that it'd be nice to set the no flyer pick-up. I'm not sure if you can set that on PvP servers, though.
(11-15-2015, 09:30 AM)Starlord Wrote: More turrets

(11-15-2015, 02:04 PM)GoGoGadget Wrote: Restricting plant turrets is good, but why not also regular turrets. Don't nerf the turrets, just restrict the amount a tribe can have so that good base layout becomes important rather than having huge fuck-off autism castles.

hey Starlord/GoGoGadget, So limiting turrets would encourage creative base designs, improve overall server performance and make raiding certain bases less of a grind. On the other hand it limits defense against offline raids and required admin enforcement. The other option to limiting turrets is to just make them more expensive, also has the bonus of not requiring admin enforcement. I think increasing the cost + no limits might be the way to go on turrets.

(11-15-2015, 09:47 AM)Ember Wrote: Only thing I dont like is losing glass storage boxes! I love those! Maybe make them more expensive?

(11-15-2015, 02:04 PM)GoGoGadget Wrote: I also like the glass storage boxes. Gives a nice way to secure goods in-between the large storage box and vault levels. In fact, the devs have stated they will be adding something like this to the base game in the future.

hey Ember - the reason for that is an exploit involving those storage boxes but I've sent a report to the glass metal mod developer and if/when he pushes the fix we can revert this change!

(11-15-2015, 09:17 AM)Zyak Wrote: 260 max tamed dino (120 max wild) BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
105 max tamed dino (30 max wild) WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

(11-15-2015, 01:59 PM)Nodfire Wrote: I agree, Would like to see the max wild level for dinos to run around level 30. At least then people will focus more on gunplay and less on birds picking you up over and over to kill you.

(11-15-2015, 02:04 PM)GoGoGadget Wrote: I used to think I'd love low level dinos, but after playing on a server with them, they die FAR too easily. Maybe lower them a bit from 120, but 30 is far too low. 80 or so would be a good compromise, I think. You may think having really low level dinos helps combat griefing, and as far as getting picked up by birds, it does.

Mid level dinos sounds like a good compromise but I feel the search for a 120 dino is a core part of the ARK experience. The great thing about the stat modifiers is that we can easily change them as we go.

Another option is to reduce the number of post-tame levels available - currently 80 to around 50 or 60. Max tamed dino would be reduced from 260->230.

Thank you all for the great feedback so far! Will respond to the rest of these shortly-
id say keep the stack limit on berrys at 10k tho brontos will be a pain in the ass droppping berrys otherwise Big Grin

and also, a pteradon damage nerf [75] would be prefared, argents are worthless if pteras stay that strong!

and also my prefares
would be 7 gather and 15 tame Big Grin

//Future DR.Preben