Hello There, Guest! Register

Offline Raiding

Offline raiding is getting out of hand. I know this is a PVP server, but there is no Vs part when i and my small tribe are offline. 

It wouldnt be so bad if it was a raid that took supplies. but when a player goes out of their way to destroy all crafting stations, and slaughter all dinos that are passive it becomes really frustrating to play on the server. So now I'm left with a husk of a base and starting from scratch to spend a few hours to rebuild to have the same thing happen again in the future.
Yeah, I feel ya man. Unfortunately, speaking from experience, every server tends to be like that. It's more of a mechanical flaw with the game currently. They need to implement more features/items/tools/etc. that can combat this. I do enjoy the element of having to defend my base vs. offline raiders, but it can be frustrating as a small tribe. I myself am in a small tribe but I think due the way we constructed our base defenses it's been (somewhat) tough for smaller groups to mess with. Of course, big tribes can (and have) wiped us out, but having the basic defenses in place help.

Have you tried moving around the map or do you rebuild in the same area? Finding an area with nice neighbors definitely helps.
Hey Skreacher - Offline raiding is a tricky subject, it's never fun to log in to your base destroyed but as forenci mentioned it's a core ARK mechanic. I've been on the lookout for a mod or clean way to limit or at least discourage offline raiding which is a challenge given our EU/International players. One of the major points I've heard from players against limiting offline raiding is that if you want to actually get items from a tribe it's the only way to go - almost all tribes will despawn their own items if they're successfully raided.

When it comes to the excessive base destruction and dino killing completely agree it's over the top to drop/despawn all of someones items and have considered adding a rule like "No Excess base destruction/despawning all of a players items when raiding." The end result is driving players away from our server and community. The case against is that is that most tribes in ARK raid each other not to cripple but to kill to prevent/delay the counter-attack. ARK PVP is like EVE or Ultima Online in that it's cut throat and not for the faint of heart.

Overall our community has been very positive and I've received very few complaints about raids like this. One suggestion is splitting your resources around to a few locations so that if you're hit in one location you're not completely reset. Another idea is joining up with a larger tribe.
on our last server we had a server rule: no raiding tiers below yours. So if a tribe like us, or power hour were to destroy a base made of thatch, and had proof. then poof, admins choice to ban them, or blow up all their shit and give it away to the victim, do whatevs.
that acctualy sounds like a great rule rhadamanthos, no raiding bases that are way weaker than yours, ofc if a person has like 5 turrets, that may be sometihng u wanna raid
but if u see a little metal shafts 3x3, i personaly think that should be against the rules to raid,
I do see both sides of the coin in this situation it does suck to be offline raided but at the same time you know thats how your gonna get the loots.I do think if your coming online every few days and the same people are constantly hitting you thats over the top.

(12-19-2015, 12:08 AM)Preben Wrote: that acctualy sounds like a great rule rhadamanthos, no raiding bases that are way weaker than yours, ofc if a person has like 5 turrets, that may be sometihng u wanna raid
but if u see a little metal shafts 3x3, i personaly think that should be against the rules to raid,

I disagree i dont think big tribes are gonna raid small tribes unless they think there is something to be gained from it or maybe some1 poked the bear.you shouldnt be protected because you build a thatch base
(12-19-2015, 12:08 AM)Preben Wrote: that acctualy sounds like a great rule rhadamanthos, no raiding bases that are way weaker than yours, ofc if a person has like 5 turrets, that may be sometihng u wanna raid

and to keep in that, basically you dont upgrade your base until you have what you need to turn it all metal. do it in an hour, put up your turrets and hopefully you had plant turrets previously. remember to pick a nice big flat area, and build small at first, a two story building with 8 turrets SHOULD* survive a night or two for you to farm up some more materials and such for more defences.

Negitory on the little bases, if it's metal they are open to raiding by anyone who has a metal base. If you put up one piece of metal that i can see from flying over your base, your open game. if your "just starting" or you only play an hour a day, then keep your base thatch/wood/stone. just remember taht anyone who has a thatch/wood/stone base is open to raiding you. that way it kinda tiers things so that if you do get raided it was by someone who's on par with you in terms of time spent. at least more so then open game all around.

(12-19-2015, 12:16 AM)jester Wrote: I do see both sides of the coin in this situation it does suck to be offline raided but at the same time you know thats how your gonna get the loots.I do think if your coming online every few days and the same people are constantly hitting you thats over the top.

I disagree i dont think big tribes are gonna raid small tribes unless they think there is something to be gained from it or maybe some1 poked the bear.you shouldnt be protected because you build a thatch base

your not protected in anyway. If i saw you on 8 hours a day, for 3 days, and still nothing metal. i would ask DR to follow up with you, and get that resolved. this works both ways remember we have a great admin.